Online Programmer (Backend/Node.Js)
Full-time - 10135BR
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
Ubisoft is seeking an experienced programmer to join our project working on standard online services for production. The team is composed of online programmers developing and managing online microservices written in Node.js on Linux and Windows platforms, using a variety of NoSQL databases for all Ubisoft games. We leverage on both local and cloud technologies to accomplish our goals.
If you are passionate about designing and implementing RESTful APIs using a microservices architecture, and working with a DevOps mindset, we have the right job for you.
- Participate in the design/analysis, coding, testing, integration, debugging and supporting of online services.
- Estimating the effort required to accomplish tasks.
- Offer quality support to productions.
- Evaluate risks and impacts of decisions and changes.
- Staying up to date on new technologies in the online services, game development and general web fields.
Qualifications and technical skills required :
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent)
- At least 3 years of experience in the following:
* RESTful web services.
* Familiarity with Linux.
* Expert in Node.js and best practices.
* Database programming (SQL or NoSQL).
* Extensible distributed systems (scalability).
* Unit, integration and load testing.
- Knowledge of Amazon EC2
- Interest in security
- Knowledge of NoSQL DB technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis.
- Message queuing such as Kafka, RabbitMQ.
- Agile Development
-Having good relationship and communication skills.
-Be autonomous and resourceful.
-Attention to detail.
-Easily adapts to changes, to new concepts.
-Being able to meet deadlines.
-Be proficient in English and French, written and spoken.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.