Network Programmer – Harbour
Full-time - REF14034U
As an Audio Streaming Network Programmer within Ubi MTL’s Harbour team, you’ll be responsible for developing the voice chat system used by our online games.
With direct influence on the quality of connected experiences, you’ll participate in the design, coding, testing, integration, and debugging of in-game voice chat features.
Throughout every step, you’ll find answers to fundamental questions like: Does the quality of the voice chat system meet and exceed expectations? Does it fully contribute to the social aspect of gaming? And how can we best deliver the multiplayer experience our players deserve?
What you’ll do
- Work closely with gameplay and design teams to develop fast, reliable, and fun voice chat features.
- Understand existing functions + suggest and implement improvements to help players interact and communicate with each other.
- Evaluate and resolve bugs.
- Create and maintain documentation that will serve as reference.
- Provide technical support to production team members.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 5 years of network or audio programming experience (or related experience)
- Proficiency in C++
- Knowledge of distributed systems and multi-threading
- Understanding of audio processing (Opus, AGC, AEC, etc.)
- A collaborative, innovative, and solution-oriented spirit
- Ability to clearly communicate cross-departmentally
Nice to have
- Real-time communications technologies (e.g. VoIP, SIP, WebRTC, etc.)
- Low-level audio APIs (WASAPI, OpenSLES, CoreAudio, etc.)
- Real-time speech-to-text processing
- C# and Python
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.