Full-time - REF11136L
As a Monetization Specialist at Ubi MTL, you contribute to the financial success of an online game by setting up and supporting its monetization strategies throughout production and post-launch.
From subscriptions to custom items, you’re responsible for anything with a cost. When it comes to purchasable content and services, you know that value can’t be overlooked. That’s why you take a player-centric approach to monetization design, asking yourself questions like: Is there a balanced range of products? Are their prices reasonable? Are offers displayed at the right place at the right time?
Once live, you stay tuned to how players are responding and adjust accordingly. You evaluate what’s actually happening in and around gameplay and ensure that cross-functional teams understand the realities of how players are interacting with the game you’re collectively creating. You iterate on what’s not working and improve on what is to deliver a fun and fair experience for the long term.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the monetization director to develop monetization strategies aligned with player expectations and the creative & game directions.
- Work closely with game economy designers to come up with justified pricing for items, events, and services.
- Plan and oversee the content, promotions, and offers of the primary and secondary stores with the digital sales teams.
- Collaborate with interdependent teams (UI, UX, programming, etc.) to implement your monetization systems and features.
- Contribute to defining KPIs & work with the user research team to establish tracking and reporting needs.
- Monitor performance and revenue + share your findings to identify monetization opportunities and influence decision-making.
- Follow up on monetization features and adapt them based on player feedback, reporting results, etc.
- Support esports, licensing, and other business teams in negotiating with external partners.
- Write and maintain documentation that will serve as a reference.
- Stay up to date on trends and techniques to develop monetization best practices + promote them across our studios.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Marketing, Game Design, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in monetization, economy design, business, or related experience
- In-depth knowledge of Excel + familiarity with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau)
- A collaborative, creative, and innovative spirit
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Excellent problem-solving, time management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
- Familiarity of online gaming communities + an understanding of player behaviour
- A passion for not only playing video games but also reverse-engineering their revenue systems
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Please feel free to send us samples of your previous work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio).
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.