Monetization Specialist – Fast-Track Program
Full-time - REF18902A
Monetization Specialists at Ubisoft contribute to the financial success of our games, shaping strategies that boost profitability while respecting our players and the essence of each title.
The Fast-Track program was designed to prepare you to do just that by building your knowledge and refining your skills.
By joining the Fast-Track, you'd be hired as a permanent, full-time Ubi employee without being assigned to a specific project straight away.
You’ll spend one year developing your monetization know-how remotely with our Head Office Business Strategy & Live Associate Director from Production HQ (console and PC games) and Game Economy Designer from Mobile Editorial HQ.
They’ll guide you in generating revenue in the fairest, value-added way possible through secondary store items, subscription models, live events – and more – as you participate in multiple projects, including console and mobile.
When the program comes to an end, you’ll join a video game production team at the Montreal studio and apply the hands-on experience you’ve gained.
What you’ll do
During the Fast-Track program, you’ll:
- Assess internal and external monetization practices to set benchmarks.
- Monitor the monetization strategies and acquisition, retention, and monetization KPIs of 3 Ubisoft projects.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to create and improve long-term forecasts.
- Support teams in developing analysis tools and frameworks to enhance internal expertise.
After the Fast-Track program, when you join a Montreal studio team as a Monetization Specialist, you’ll:
- Partner with the project’s monetization director to develop monetization strategies aligned with player expectations and the creative & game directions.
- Work closely with game economy designers to come up with justified pricing for items, events, and services.
- Plan and oversee the content, promotions, and offers of the primary and secondary stores with the digital sales teams.
- Collaborate with interdependent teams (like UI, UX, programming, etc.) to implement your monetization systems and features.
- Follow up on monetization features and adapt them based on player feedback, reporting results, etc.
- Stay up to date on trends and techniques + promote them across our studios.
What you bring
- A degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Marketing, Game Design (or other relevant training)
- Knowledge of Excel + familiarity with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau)
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
- Critical thinking that allows you to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
- Familiarity of online gaming communities + an understanding of player behaviour
- A passion for not only playing video games but also reverse-engineering their revenue systems
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.