Full-time - REF17125X
As a Mocap Technician at Ubi MTL, you’ll ensure motion capture data quality, plus handle and process captured data through to delivery.
What you’ll do
- Monitor the progress of your assigned projects.
- Meet with production teams to discuss their facial motion capture needs when necessary.
- Support freelancers in using facial software.
- Assist the mocap technical team in their tasks: dressing actors, maintaining and cleaning equipment, preparing shoots, tracking, etc.
- Help set up headcams during performance capture shoots.
- Manually synchronize files when need be.
- Review video downloads + process data after shoots.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of mocap production processes.
What you bring
- Quality control or passive optical motion capture system experience
- Knowledge of Shogun (Adobe Premiere Pro, an asset)
- An understanding of mocap features and constraints
- An ability to continuously enhance work methods
- Solid English and French communication skills
- A collaborative and client-centric spirit
- Flexibility that allows you to move from technical, routine work to a wide variety of tasks
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
- A demo reel with a breakdown of your best work – seriously, show us your process! Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.