Full-time - REF18006O
As a Mocap Specialist at Ubi MTL, you are in charge of handling and processing motion capture data until it is delivered to production teams.
You will ensure the continued application of best practices in data capture and will be called upon to advise production teams in the creation and adaptation of their motion capture assets.
What you’ll do
- Transform marker data into skeletal animation applied to a 3D character according to the pipeline established by the Mocap Team Leader;
- Manage the delivery of data of optimal quality, within pre-determined timeframes and within the budget of the production estimates;
- Advise production teams on the procedure to follow before, during and after filming;
- Be a committed production partner, on the lookout for new solutions and appropriate methods for each project and client department.
- Continually seek new animation methods;
- Offer support to the Film Crew during the shooting days as needed;
- Participate in filming as needed;
- Performs all other related tasks.
What you bring
- Experience in 3D animation
- Knowledge of :
- 3D software
- MotionBuilder: Mapping, Editing, Retargeting of motion capture data
- Shogun : motion capture software
- Understanding of constraints and motion capture characteristics
- A collaborative and customer service-oriented spirit
- Resourcefulness and problem solving skills
- The innovation that drives you to continuously improve work methods
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes.
- Good communication in English and French (oral and written)
Good to have, but not mandatory :
- Experience with a passive optical motion capture system
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.