Localization Project Manager
Full-time - 6906BR
As a Localization Project Manager at Ubi MTL, you will plan the multi-language localization of a game and see it through with the help of a localization team you'll manage.
You understand the intricacies that come with the complex process of extending an audience reach from many to millions. Thanks to your expertise and ability to make informed choices, you’re a valued localization spokesperson in the production team. You ensure that no detail is overlooked and that, even while working within cost and time constraints, quality is never compromised in any market.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other members of the production team to discuss game specifics and understand the overall vision.
- Create a project scope plan (number languages to localize, words to translate, people to cast, hours to record, hours to perform linguistic testing, etc.).
- Set the localization budget and track it throughout production.
- Regularly meet with your localization team to set priorities, discuss progress, brainstorm ideas, tackle setbacks, provide feedback, etc.
- Choose external partners for translation, audio, and testing & negotiate pricing.
- Work with the localization consultant to improve processes and tools.
- Occasionally travel locally and abroad to meet with external partners to present the game and provide context.
- Prepare and review post-mortems and satisfaction surveys to continuously improve our efforts.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Project Management, Localization, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in localization, linguistics, translation, or related experience + 2 years of leadership
- Ability to communicate in English and French*
- Knowledge of planning tools
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative and to negotiate
- Solid understanding of the market and a passion for video games
- A highly collaborative, empathetic, and innovative spirit + a whole lot of flexibility
*Knowledge of a third language a huge plus
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Oriana. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.