Level Design Director
Full-time - 2463BR
As a Level Design Director at Ubi MTL, you will provide players with quests to undertake, puzzles to solve, and goals to accomplish as they journey through an immersive world.
You'll combine game design and narrative elements to craft a selection of rewarding missions, and then guide a talented group of level designers to transform vision into reality.
As an empathetic mentor, you'll step in to help your team polish and connect their projects to create a seamless and engaging gameplay experience for players to enjoy.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the world design director and other core team members to define the vision of a game.
- Brainstorm and research to plan the mission guidelines.
- Assist level designers during prototyping (experiment with designs and explore opportunities).
- Outline the gameplay experience (encounters, flow, rhythm, tension, pacing, variety, etc.) in mission documentation that will serve as a reference and source of inspiration throughout development.
- Coordinate and oversee mission level designers as they bring concept to playability.
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints to align all technical, design, graphic, and narrative features.
- Provide mentorship and constructive feedback to your level design team to achieve quality.
- Find solutions to issues uncovered by play testers and cross-functional teams (get to the root of problems to solve them)
What you bring
- A college diploma in Game Design or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 8 years of experience in the video game industry or other relevant experience and 3 years of leadership experience
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A solid understanding of level design and all phases of video game production
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- An innovative, creative, and collaborative spirit
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it – you have the flexibility to revaluate and adjust your level design direction when and as often as needed!
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences