Kubernetes SRE Specialist
Full-time - REF15917P
Ubisoft is looking for a developer who strives for devops best practices, working on Kubernetes and open-source products, automating deployments and management of an infrastructure in the cloud and working with a distributed team.
As a Kubernetes SRE Specialist, you'll be joining a team who is responsible for the Ubisoft Kubernetes Service. You'll participate in engineering, deploying and operating a 24x7x365 solution which provides facilities to deploy and operate Kubernetes clusters and workloads both on premises and on the public cloud.
The team's mission is to empower Kubernetes users at Ubisoft. With this in mind, you'll be tasked to innovate and find creative solutions for the end users as well as to improve our current stack. The service is built around open source technologies such as Rancher and Quay and is already used to power more than 200 clusters accross several data centers and as many different use cases.
- Solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices;
- Maintain and operate the different components composing the Ubisoft Kubernetes Service with an emphasis on using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
- Develop the tooling to operate the service;
- Improve continuous integration and delivery systems;
- Collaborate with other infrastructure teams to meet objectives;
- Work closely with developer teams to assess their requirements and ensure the platform is designed with operability and ease-of-use in mind;
- Evangelize cloud native architecture;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards.
***Assume on-call shifts rotations once per month.
Joining this team will give you the opportunity to work with: Gitlab CI, Terraform, Openstack, Kubernetes/Docker, Rancher, Quay registry, Helm & helmfile, Bash, Python & Go, Prometheus & Grafana, Fluentbit, Elasticsearch & Kibana as well as so many other innovative technologies!
- Hands-on experience working with Kubernetes, its internals- CRD, CNI, Admission controller, and experience with other container technologies, like Docker Flannel CoreOS, Containerd;
- Demonstrated experience with programming languages – Go and Python are a major asset;
- Experience with automations, scripting, CI/CD pipelines and cloud technologies;
- You have worked with cloud providers (AWS, GCE, Azure, etc...) and distributed systems;
- Good knowledges of Linux;
- Have good interpersonal communication skills and oral and written comprehension of English and French.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.