International Mobility Specialist
Full-time - REF20114I
As an International Mobility Specialist, you’ll help bring talented experts from across the globe to Ubisoft Montreal. A trusted partner during their move, you’ll guide them throughout every step of their international mobility journey, from accepting a job offer to arriving in Montreal – and beyond.
You’ll join a team committed to providing exceptional relocation and integration experiences – and collaborating to do so. A group of international mobility technicians, specialists, and leads who aim to make a positive impact on the lives of colleagues coming from abroad, always.
What you'll do
- Be a go-to person for all international mobility topics (immigration, work permits, permanent residency, business trips, assignments, etc.).
- Work closely with talent acquisition specialists and hiring managers to understand their recruitment needs.
- Perform pre-hire analysis; considering studio needs, government requirements, and employee-specific situations to find the approach that works best.
- Prepare immigration and permanent residency applications + coordinate relocation requests.
- Liaise with government departments (Immigration Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada, Ministère de la Francisation et Intégration Québec, Services consulaires, etc.), clarifying our realities to them.
- Communicate with soon-to-be Ubisoft Montreal employees, keeping them updated on their application status and next steps.
- Meet with other members of the international mobility team to discuss progress, explore immigration strategies, etc.
- Provide support to our Montreal, Halifax, Saguenay, and Quebec studios in their international mobility initiatives.
- Keep in contact with recently relocated employees to help facilitate their integration.
- Stay up to date on immigration laws, policies, and current affairs to evolve our processes and programs.
What you bring
- A collaborative and empathetic spirit
- Interpersonal relationship-building skills (over the phone, by email, in person – you care about every one of your interactions with others)
- An eye for detail
- A creative approach to critical thinking: you can assess issues and come up with innovative solutions to resolve them
- An ability to balance short-term priorities and long-term goals
- An understanding of the video game industry
- Around 3 years of human resources, immigration, or global mobility experience (or other relevant experience)
- Effective communication skills: you can break down and explain information to a wide range of people + tailor your messaging to them
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.