Intern User Research Analyst – Intenship Winter 2022
Full-time - REF21389M
The intern will be responsible for validating two motivation scales based on player behavior, in collaboration with two user research project managers. One of the scales focuses on measuring sustained engagement as defined by self-determination theory. A version of this scale has already been published (The Ubisoft Perceived Experience Questionnaire). We are looking to establish the external validity of this scale. This project has the potential to be published in a journal article. The second scale is about consumer motivations. The scale is currently under development. The objective of that project is to establish the validity and reliability of the scale.
What you’ll do
- Develop the necessary domain knowledge in player motivations;
- Review our existing scales and tools;
- Use the appropriate statistical methods (Cronbach alpha, exploratory & confirmatory factor analysis) to evaluate the validity and reliability of the scales;
- Revise the scales based on these results and iterate;
- Present the results to relevant stakeholders and make recommendations for future use.
What you bring
- Master’s degree in psychology in a domain relying on psychometrics
- Having validated at least one psychological scale (if published in a referred journal or a conference an asset)
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.