Graphic Team Lead – Cinematics
Full-time - REF18162C
As Graphic Team Lead - Cinematics at Ubi MTL, you will join a new team specializing in the production of cutscenes for our games developed in our Canadian studios, games recognized for their quality such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six, For Honor, and many more. As the Team Lead Graphic cinematic real-time, your main responsibilities will be to plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the graphical team and its impact on multiple projects. You will support a highly iterative development process, working closely with the Animation Director, Director and Production manager to supervise graphical elements like modeling, visual effects and lighting that fulfill their cinematic needs while also striving for efficiency and quality.
What you’ll do
- Create, prioritize, assign, and track daily tasks and work progress for your team based on deliverables;
- Act as a representative of your team;
- Organize and manage team meetings;
- Be aware of the story and gameplay of the game (game design documents) and master the technical and/or artistic constraints in order to properly guide/coach your team;
- Give a periodic report to the CP/PM on the progress of the tasks of your team and propose corrective measures when necessary to meet the objectives set;
- Anticipate and identify potential conflict situations and suggest solutions to the CP/PM in the context of problem solving within your team;
- Be the mentor at the technical and/or artistic level for members of your team, if necessary;
- Participate in performance follow-ups in collaboration with the CP/PM;
- Coordinate the correction of bugs related to the work of your team;
- Ensure the integration of new employees in your team;
- Participate in the recruitment of new team members;
- Produce a portion of the game development in your area of expertise (this portion will vary depending on the size of the team under your responsibility);
- Perform any other related duties.
What you bring
- Experience in the field or any other relevant experience;
- Must have participated in at least one full game production or equivalent.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to manage time and priorities;
- Ability to build effective teams;
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills;
- Be flexible in the organization of your work;
- Be resourceful in finding solutions;
- Ability to delegate;
- Ability to manage stress and change;
- Demonstrate managerial courage;
- Have a sense of initiative;
- Knowledge of databases is an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.);
- Knowledge of technical constraints related to real time, 3D engines and level editors;
- Knowledge of the tools used by the members of your team;
- Knowledge of project management (asset);
- Knowledge of each of the other professions in game production (asset);
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite (asset).
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Eric. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.