Generalist Programmer (Helix)
Full-time - REF14849P
As a Generalist Programmer at Ubi MTL, you will join Helix, a team that specializes in the production of visuals and cinematics for our games developed in our Canadian studios, games known for their quality such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow Six, For Honor, and many others.
We need your expertise to set a new benchmark in the industry.
At Helix, you will be involved in systems that span a wide spectrum, from the game engine to any middleware used by the studio to the artists. As needed, you will also work in specific systems (UI, digital content creation tools, database, render farm, etc.) and deliver tools that are stable, functional, efficient and effective.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop image production tools and pipelines used in the various mandates of the Helix graphics team + ensure their proper integration with other systems (engine, digital content creation tools, front-end or middleware).
- Support the designers of the graphics team by ensuring that their tools meet their needs.
- Program in a clear and structured manner while being aware of performance, maintenance, modularity, scalability and compatibility requirements.
- Debug, evolve and optimize existing systems.
- Document your work in order to transfer your knowledge and allow users to understand how to use new systems and features.
Approximately 4 years of experience in software development in the video game or visual effects industry, or other relevant experience.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in mathematics, computer science, software engineering, or the equivalent
- Good Python and C++ programming skills (TypeScript is a plus)
- Knowledge of UI development and programming around digital content creation tools (MotionBuilder, Maya, 3Ds Max)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Good analytical and synthesis skills + attention to detail
- Problem solving and debugging skills + the ability to reverse engineer
- Curiosity and resourcefulness that will push you to reach out to people
- Flexibility in the organization of your work that allows you to adapt to changes
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.