Gameplay programming Team Lead (Assassin’s Creed Brand)
Full-time - REF24969T
As a Team Lead at Ubi Montreal , you guide a group of talented and inspired programmers who develop technology critical to the creation of games Ubisoft fans can’t wait to play. For this specific position, your team will be distributed between the Montreal and Québec studio. Your team achieves its ambitions thanks to your technical know-how, leadership and ability to make informed decisions. You take pride and share passion for the systems your team develops together.
Your vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s contribution. When quality systems are delivered and when they work together cohesively, you know you have contributed to offering a rich experience to our players. That’s what truly motivates you.
The daily life of a Team Lead at Ubi Montreal
On a typical day, you gather your team to discuss progress with assigned tasks. You note issues and brainstorm ways to address them. You review outstanding bugs and how best to approach them. You communicate regularly with leads from other disciplines, to plan ahead, identify risks and deliver on time.
You code alongside your team on a daily basis. You regularly update your Project Lead on your team’s assignments and meet with other leads both within and outside your project to discuss how to improve workflows and share technology.
What you'll do
- Distribute tasks and follow-up on the progress of the various projects during team meetings.
- Provide your team with the tools they need to work independently and contribute to the long-term technological vision of the projects.
- Meet individually with each member of your team to discuss performance, well-being, and career advancement.
- Go over notable bugs and determine the best way to fix them.
- Communicate regularly with leads in other disciplines to plan ahead, assess risks, and deliver on time.
- Code alongside your team members.
- Keep your project lead informed of the progress of your assignments and meet with other leads, both on your project and others, to discuss ways to improve processes and share technologies.
What you bring
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or an equivalent field
- Vast experience in video game programming
- A minimum of three years of experience managing a team of programmers
- Proficiency in C++ and other programming languages commonly used for developing games
- Experience participating in the full production of at least one game or the equivalent as a programming team lead
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and strategic leadership skills coupled with strong empathy and diplomacy
- The ability to remain calm in difficult situations (you know that there is always a solution)
- A real understanding of video game production and the ability to put yourself in the shoes of the other professionals involved in production
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Catherine.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.