Game Economy Designer
Full-time - REF24103C
As an Game Economy Designer, you will be responsible for supporting our High Definition (HD) production teams in building and balancing progression systems and their economics for our games.
As a part of the Live Revenues Strategy (LRS) team, you will be responsible for supporting and guiding the development studios to improve the player experience by increasing player retention and engagement. You will also help improve key performance indicators (KPIs), which will increase revenue potential through innovative game mechanics through collaboration with various production teams throughout the development cycle, including live.
- Help HD production teams design and improve their monetization strategy and business model by being the main point of contact for economic design and progressions issues;
- Audit and the business models and progression systems of the HD games portfolio and make recommendations to increase player engagement;
- Ensure follow-up of balancing tests of our economies such as play tests and quality control by providing ad hoc support in collaboration with other support teams;
- Audit economic management tools and operational monitoring processes related to progression and economy issues, and propose appropriate tools and methodologies to help teams optimize their monetization strategy and balancing of their economy;
- Participate in the animation of the Game Economy Designer community and setting up an initiative to promote feedback sharing between colleagues;
- Ensure competitive intelligence and perform benchmark analyses in order to disseminate external trends and best practices in the field within the company;
- Building training modules on economic design for different audiences such as LRS team and production teams.
- Relevant experience as game economy designer, mathematics, finance or related field;
- Understanding of monetization concepts;
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Ability to analyze, challenge the status quo and solve problems;
- Passionate about gaming and gamer experience.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.