Full-time - REF18955M
What you'll do
The Esports team leads Ubisoft’s competitive gaming strategy internally and develops programs that inspire and engage our players. Our goal is to create a competitive environment where, in and out of game, we are able connect meaningful experiences alongside increasing acquisition and retention of our players and fans. We are also charged with educating and informing internal business and production teams about esports programs, ecosystems, and best practices; we are subject matter experts and advocates of esports, starting with grassroots player foundations, all the way up to the pinnacle of competition and broadcast production.
The Esports Manager is a key member of the esports team and takes part in developing, implementing, executing and reporting on our competitive programs and tactics. This role works closely with internal cross-functional business teams, brand, PR, development/studio and marketing teams as well as our external partners and vendors to ensure the success of our programs. Your focus will be on program management and execution, with an eye for quality. You will also be a part of a team to execute on world-class online and live events, as well as partner with Ubisoft’s brand and community teams on program marketing and supporting fan growth and activity.
- Manage work with internal stakeholders and external partners to oversee quality execution of Ubisoft Esports.
- As part of a cross functional team execute world-class live esports events in the North America region.
- Track and report esports and business KPIs for your respective programs.
- Manage and facilitate sponsorship campaigns in partnership with internal teams.
- Manage budgets and tracking spending across the program.
- Manage program work flows and internal communications for efficient delivery of campaigns.
What you bring to the team
An Esports Manager is passionate, energetic, and engaging person that understands competitive gaming ecosystems and what makes those communities tick. You are meticulously organized and amazing at project management; your skills at moving multiple tasks to completion are legendary. As an influential people-person, your interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and inspire others are second nature. Last but not least, you are constantly thinking of new ways to engage and entertain through curation and editorial strategies.
To be outstanding in this role, an esports Manager should
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and management skills.
- Have a deep comprehension of the various components that make up an esports program and be conversationally adept in them, including business management, brand management, game design, event management, content development, competitive structure and rulesets, player and team management and broadcast production.
- Maintain awareness of industry and related trends and best practices to identify opportunities to leverage or improve our programs.
- Demonstrate a track record of defining strategies in esports, entertainment or traditional sports industries.
- Extensive gaming experience across multiple platforms and genres.
- Ability for moderate to frequent travel, including international destinations.
What to send our way
Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.