Ergonomist – User Research (Technology Group)
Full-time - REF5658T
At the Technology Group (TG), we provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
As an ergonomist within Ubi MTL’s TG team, you’ll play an essential part in developing technological solutions for game productions. Your mission: to ensure that all solutions are adapted to their target audiences.
You’ll be involved in every step along the user-centric design process. Your conclusions will result in tangible recommendations that are discussed and applied in collaboration with various project contributors.
What you’ll do
- Guide development teams on user experience best practices by supporting a user-centric design process.
- Partner with various stakeholders (in production management, UX, UI, etc.) to implement user research activities required for each project (consulting, planning, organization).
- Gather information to thoroughly understand the context of use and user needs + contribute to maintaining an accessible knowledge base with fellow team members.
- Implement qualitative (tests, interviews) and quantitative (surveys, usage statistics) studies to validate, with end-users, the design and development solutions created by tools teams.
- Identify appropriate methodologies based on goals, define the purpose of studies, evaluate collected data, and present results.
What you bring
- Experience in human-computer interaction ergonomics (or other relevant experience)
- Studies in cognitive ergonomics, cognitive psychology, or human-computer interaction (or related training)
- Knowledge of:
- user-centered design methodology
- cognitive ergonomics
- descriptive statistics
- Experience implementing a user research methodology
- A collaborative spirit + critical thinking capabilities
- Solid communication skills (in French and English, oral and written)
- Flexibility in the organization of your work
- Proactivity + the ability to carry out change
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.