Ergonomist – User Research (Technology Group)
Full-time - REF12543N
As an ergonomist, you’ll play an essential part in the development of technological solutions for game productions. Your mission: to ensure that all solutions are adapted to their target audiences.
You’ll be involved in every step along the user-centric design process. Your conclusions will result in tangible recommendations that are discussed and applied in collaboration with various project contributors.
The daily life of an ergonomist within the Technology Group at Ubi Montreal
- Guide development teams on user experience best practices by supporting a user-centric design process.
- Partner with various stakeholders (UX, UI, etc.) to implement user research activities required for each project (consulting, planning, organization).
- Gather information to thoroughly understand context of use and user needs + contribute to maintaining an accessible knowledge base with fellow team members.
- Implement qualitative (tests, interviews) and quantitative (surveys, usage statistics) studies to validate design and development solutions created by tools teams.
- Identify appropriate methodologies based on goals, define the purpose of studies, analyze collected data, and present results.
What it takes to make it
- Around 3 years of experience in ergonomics or human-computer interaction (or other relevant experience)
- Studies in cognitive ergonomics, cognitive psychology, or human-computer interaction (or related training)
- Experience with user research methodologies
- Knowledge of user-centred design methodologies and descriptive statistics *
- A collaborative spirit
- Critical thinking capabilities
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid communication skills (in French and English, oral and written)
- The ability to carry out change
*Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau, a huge plus
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your skills and experience
About the Technology Group (TG)
At the TG, we provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.