Ergonomist – Research
Full-time - REF5658T
The ergonomist works in close collaboration with management teams to ensure the implementation of solutions that are adapted to the target audience. Through data collection, structuring and sharing, the ergonomist supports the project teams in their reflection. Relying on an expertise- and tools-driven approach to establish collaborative ties between specifiers and end-users, the incumbent must possess keen analytical skills and a marked interest in participatory approaches. His/her findings will lead to concrete solutions that are discussed and applied in collaboration with project stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Guide project teams in the processes to implement solutions by relying on his/her in-depth knowledge of the target audience and work environment by building up a user-focused design process
- Gather key information to understand needs through user research and contribute to an accessible database expanded with inputs from other members of the research team
- Advocate for the implementation of a participatory approach for project stakeholders—decision-makers, specifiers (UI/UX designers, development team, etc.) and users—leading to applicable proposals that account for user needs, business goals and development constraints and create the support documents that will guide discussions (workflows and processes, user profiles, scenarios and uses, activity determinants, etc.)
- Foster a prospective approach that anticipates needs
- Implement simulation workshops and other types of activities to focus on the elements of the new environment to be validated and anticipate users’ future actions, establish the goals of the workshops, plan and lead the activities and present the results of the analysis in order to provide the project team with new input
- Carry out all related tasks
What you bring
- Post-secondary education in ergonomics (general)
- Specialization in cognitive ergonomics, cognitive psychology or HCI an asset
- Diploma or certification in IT, computer science or OPS an asset
- Diploma or certification in video games an asset
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in ergonomics
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in HCI ergonomics and asset
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Excellent organization skills
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Autonomy, drive and proactiveness
- Team spirit and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead change
- Interest in video games and new technologies
- Fluency in prospective approaches
- Knowledge of activity analysis methodologies
- Knowledge of cognitive ergonomics
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bilingualism (French and English, spoken and written)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.