Full-time - REF19521J
Ubisoft Montréal strives to offer gamers an impressive visual experience, as well as incomparable level of immersion. The fluidity and vitality of our worlds make this experience even richer for our audience.
At Ubisoft, developing, optimizing and maintaining our game engines is an important task to stay on the forefront of technology. As an engine programmer, you'll be responsible for maintaining and optimizing the engine of one of our AAA games like For Honor, Rainbow 6 or Assassin's Creed, as well as developing future technologies.
What you'll do
· Maintain and optimize the game engine to stay on the cutting edge of technology.
· Compile and understand the project purpose, identify development needs, and assess technical feasibility.
· Work with many teams to optimize interaction between various game engine systems.
· Master low-level systems such as loading/streaming, memory management and platform-specific systems.
· Share your knowledge with various studio teams and be a resource contact for programmers.
· Analyze and debug simple and complex performance problems + propose well-adapted optimizations.
What you bring
· General understanding of modern game engine architecture
· Knowledge of different hardware architectures (ex. Intel, AMD, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.)
· Experience in C++ programming and knowledge of assembly language
· Solid knowledge of multi-threaded programming and synchronization mechanisms
· Can analyze and synthesize existing systems
· Ability to solve complex problems in an optimal way
· Computer science or computer engineering degree or equivalent training
· Skillful debugging complex problems and optimizing memory and performance
· Attention to detail
· Team spirit and good communicator
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.