Full-time - REF7053J
As a Development Tester at Ubi MTL, you’ll be the validation before integration, responsible for the quality of a specific feature throughout production. You’ll resolve issues efficiently to make sure bugs and glitches don’t end up in the final version of a game.
As you test, you consider every possible choice and move a player might make during gameplay. Working alongside artists, designers, programmers, and the like, you get to the root of problems and find solutions to fix them.
Thanks to you, once the game finally hits the market, what players will come to uncover is not only a game that’s playable but an experience that’s enjoyable.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with your team lead to understand the overall game vision & design documentation.
- Identify bugs and develop test plans for your assigned feature (e.g. mission, AI, audio, UI, gameplay, engine, online, etc.).
- Follow up on functionality bugs found by internal + external teams, and coordinate their correction (sort, prioritize, and assign to the right developers).
- Work with other development testers to stay up to date, fix features, suggest solutions to setbacks, share knowledge, etc.
- Meet with the development team to discuss progress, provide your creative input, etc.
- Create custom game versions, reproducing bugs to evaluate their risks.
- Write and maintain documentation, detailing defects found and their sources.
- Contribute to coming up with ideas for automated tests & solutions to optimize the testing process.
- Create your own automated tests and analyze test results.
What you bring
- Around 2 years of experience in quality control or quality assurance (or other relevant experience)
- Knowledge of bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) and test management tools (e.g. TestRail and Xray)
- Familiarity with networking and on-demand infrastructure
- Experience in programming (or notions of programming logic and scripting) and with game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal)
- A degree in a video game-related program (or related training)
- An understanding of test principles and methodologies
- A highly collaborative, empathetic, and innovative spirit
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A solid understanding of the development process & a passion for video games
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.