Development Director (Harbour)
Full-time - REF9511N
Harbour: online solutions at Ubisoft
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
As a Development Director within Ubi MTL's Harbour team, you'll be responsible for evolving the development strategy of a set of online products and services for our production teams.
A member of the management team, you'll establish deliverables, and mobilize a group of architects, programming project leads, and product managers to achieve them.
Your team reaches its ambitions thanks to your know-how, your leadership, and your ability to maintain a global vision and make informed decisions. You’re motivated to create a culture of collaboration where each person performs at their best because they believe in our mission.
What you’ll do
- Define and present the development strategy for the products and services in your area of ownership.
- Work closely with the product director to develop the vision for your products or services + communicate strategies and goals to team members.
- Regularly meet with your team to organize the work to be done, discuss progress, share updates, and ensure that all online products and services meet the expected level of quality.
- Establish and monitor budgets for the products and services you oversee.
- Communicate on the progress of deliverables, identify risks, and approve contingency plans.
- Build and grow your team of architects, programming project leads, and product managers + foster their professional development.
- Negotiate agreements with internal and external suppliers when need be.
- Support Harbor team members in other studios (Europe, Asia, and elsewhere).
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other equivalent technical training
- Around 10 years of software-related experience + leadership experience
- Solid project management skills that allow you to deliver on scope, performance, and budget without compromising vision and final quality (a certificate in management would be a plus)
- An innovative and results-oriented spirit
- Open communication
- The capacity to adapt to changes (especially the ever-changing realities of the industry)
- Effective cross-departmental collaboration: you can easily cooperate with members from all disciplines and organizational levels
- Curiosity and a willingness to continue learning (for example, knowledge of the video game industry isn’t required, but a desire to learn more about it is strongly encouraged)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.