Full-time - REF17581R
The Live Games team helps Ubisoft’s internal customers creating not only a platform to host the games but also accompanying a game during its entire life: before its launch (architecture design, technology R&D, tool recommendation, etc.) and after its launch (operations, reporting and metrics, 24/7 monitoring and administration and incidents/request management).
As a Database Administrator at Ubisoft within this team, you will work alongside developers and DevOps Administrators to bring forward a deeply specialized knowledge of various database technologies to ensure that they are properly deployed, stable, sized and monitored with a minimum level of manual operation.
Your role will be to work with colleagues and production teams on our many challenges, issues or features by proposing and executing efficient strategies to tackle challenges related to databases.
What you'll do
- Take full ownership of all databases that power the UBISOFT games.
- Build tools to monitor availability, latency, performance, capacity. Identify and fix bottlenecks
- Design and improve the architecture of our production systems, while also improving the developer experience of working with large distributed databases.
- Coach teams with recommendations on their databases to ensure they create stable, scalable and secure solutions on premises or in the cloud that make it easy for developers to use our infrastructure;
- Participate in the operations, such as requests, incidents, events, and change management, while working on efforts to permanently fix or automate recurring use cases;
- Open minded to learn new technologies.
What you’ll bring
- Experience working with any 2 Database systems or more from MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres , redis etc. Advantage for candidates who worked on MongoDB.
- Knowledge of one of the cloud technologies – AWS RDS or Aurora, DocumentDB or GCP CloudSQL, Firestore;
- Demonstrated experience in a DevOps environment, preferably working with an Agile methodology;
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.