Data Flow Developer
Full-time - REF19909N
Ubisoft Enterprise Data is responsible for providing various internal services such as a data lake, data warehouse, big data platform, and reporting tools. You will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of complex scalable applications in Scala to meet our partners' objectives. Your team's goal is to centralize all of Ubisoft's data in real time and ensure that this data is available for various functions.
You will actively participate in the development, testing and operational monitoring of applications.
- Develop and maintain data ingestion applications;
- Support the proper functioning of the developed applications in all environments through interaction with the support teams;
- Analyze data sources and collaborate with various internal business partners;
- Increase the efficiency of the applications on a regular basis;
- Establish deadlines and personal work plans and manage time effectively;
- Execute assigned tasks and communicate status to the rest of the team indicating progress against milestones, status, issues, risks and dependencies;
- Create technical documentation and share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Experience as a backend developer with Python, Java or Scala with an interest in functional programming;
- Good knowledge of source control and continuous integration tools such as Git and Gitlab;
- Knowledge of data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka is a plus;
- Knowledge of operations tools such as Kubernetes and Airflow is a plus;
- Have a curiosity while staying on top of technological evolutions, as well as being proactive, quality, service and result oriented with a great ability to adapt;
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, both written and oral.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.