Data Director – Ubisoft Montreal
Full-time - REF22231X
As a data director at Ubisoft Montréal, you will act as the resource person for all matters related to the collection, management, and use of data. More specifically, you will be responsible for defining a game’s data strategy and ensuring that it is implemented.
You will determine which data is to be tracked and the methods used to do so to answer any questions that production has or may have. In addition, you will work closely with management, the project team, and the game intelligence team to establish standards for managing this information.
The shared vision that you establish will promote consistency in the handling of data not only within the main project and its spin-offs, but also across the organization.
What you'll do
- Define, manage, and implement the project’s data strategy and ensure that the different teams are rallied.
- Guide the project management’s decisions by properly using the data collected and the talent within the teams that handle it.
- Initiate and lead data mining initiatives that will guide the project’s different teams in making game feature and production decisions.
- Design and implement processes for creating databases and sharing and using data.
- Ensure cohesion between the project’s teams and partners with respect to data management, while taking into account each party’s needs.
- Assist the data teams, both within the project and across Ubisoft, with their initiatives and their understanding and use of data to help develop and maintain features, etc.
- Act as a bridge between the project team and the partners to foster collaboration to improve the quality of and access to cross-cutting data sets and tools.
- Advise and mentor members of the team by sharing the knowledge gained from the data and the guiding principles that emerge from it.
- Help standardize data management methods across Ubisoft.
What you bring
- A minimum of seven years of experience in a similar position that involves managing multi-sourced and varied data in an industry related to technology or entertainment
- Knowledge of the video game industry (an asset)
- Excellent understanding of the entire data processing cycle from collection to use
- A good understanding of data analysis tools and languages (Python, SQL, etc.)
- A creative and innovative mindset, the ability to come up with out-of-the-box ideas
- The ability to influence change and the motivation to make it happen
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- The ability to work well with others and build strong relationships with your peers
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.