Data Developer (Big Data) – User Research Lab
Full-time - REF9456S
Ubisoft Montreal's User Research Lab
At Ubisoft Montreal’s User Research Lab, we contribute to creating the best gaming experiences by putting players – their behaviours, motivations, and more – at the centre of the design process.
Working hand in hand with production teams, we deliver in-depth player insights to guide decision-making, combining state-of-the-art qualitative and quantitative analysis through a variety of methodologies and data sources to do so.
With thousands of matches across multiple competitive games developed at the studio, we need to build the best tools to collect all this data the most efficient way possible, then pass it on to our data analysis teams.
As a Business Intelligence Developer an the User Research Lab, you'll help us do just that by designing methods and tools to collect, organize, and assess critical data that your Lab colleagues can use to improve games and, more importantly, player experiences.
What you'll do
- Understand the needs of production teams to collect and provide relevant data for project development.
- Design data solutions to support game analytics using:
- technologies like Spark, SQL, Hive, Elasticsearch, and others
- a DevOps development methodology and relevant tools such as Git
- Expand your knowledge by exploring, testing, and deploying new technologies.
- Find solutions adapted to the needs of the analysis teams by creating new data collection processes while optimizing existing ones.
- Oversee the integrity of the data collected by building appropriate tools.
- Provide all the essential information our data analyst teams need by working closely with them + monitor project development to anticipate what data will be important to collect.
- Communicate with various cross-functional teams (like online solutions and data visualization) to discuss and share information and knowledge.
What you bring
- Great attention to detail for accurate, reliable data processing for the various teams that will depend on it
- A cooperative work spirit to communicate effectively with the different departments with advanced technical knowledge
- An understanding of data analysis tools and computer concepts (data management, software development, etc.)
- Development experience + proficiency in Python and SQL programming languages
- Solid functional knowledge to perform continuous integration and deployment methodologies with appropriate tools (Git, GitLab CI, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of analytics methodologies and big data technologies (especially Spark, Hive, and Hadoop)
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or other relevant training)
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes and balance a range of tasks
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.