Data Center Technician
Full-time - REF18646E
The Data Center Operation team in the Hosting Services group of Ubisoft, provide hand-on, on-site and remote support for the hardware and facilities in Ubisoft’s Data Centers sites across the world.
The Data Center Technician executes the daily operations in our data centers, such as the deployment of new hardware, performing the required maintenance and provide support to internal service teams providing the necessary infrastructure and services for our games and developers.
- Receive, install, cable, test and configure compute, storage and networking hardware, ability to comfortably manipulate heavy equipment;
- Diagnose and perform complex troubleshooting and resolve technical problems raised;
- Coordinate with internal and external partners, vendors and manufacturers for support requests, projects, maintenance, deployments and site creation;
- Document work done and tracking in ticketing and inventory management systems
- Build, update and maintain knowledge base articles;
- Contribute to the team and the group’s evolution by proposing improvements, changes to processes and methodologies.
- Strong experience with hardware troubleshooting, problem solving and technical support in an enterprise environment;
- Excellent knowledge network architecture and cabling techniques of a data center environment, with its relevant equipment, cables and connectors;
- Experience in a data center environment, familiar with rack design, power management and cooling systems;
- Experience with support management and project management methodologies, documentation best practices;
- Ability to perform physical manipulation of equipment in racks;
- Bilingualism French and English is required both orally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.