Content Strategist (User Research Lab)
Full-time - REF19180Z
As a member of the Montréal User Research Lab (MURL), with a reporting line to the Knowledge Management (KM) department, you will support a team of 80 people whose mission is to accompany all Ubisoft Montréal game development teams in delivering memorable gaming experiences for our players.
Within the MURL, you will be responsible for all knowledge and content management strategies to ensure that key information is documented, organized, shared and reused by both team members and internal partners.
As part of both the MURL and KM, you will balance and align the two teams’ objectives and visions, ensuring that the MURL’s knowledge and content management needs are being addressed while at the same time contributing to Ubisoft’s enterprise knowledge management strategy.
What you'll do
Your responsibilities will encompass three main activities:
- Content management: implement the MURL’s new platform to share information with all Ubisoft and oversee its maintenance and evolution in terms of content strategy and management;
- Content strategy: develop strategies to better manage key MURL knowledge (methodologies, best practices, benchmarks, etc.) and enable access to target audiences;
- Knowledge management: create an internal reference service to provide relevant topical information (ex. player monetization) to both MURL team members and their partners.
Some concrete mandates in the first year(s) include:
- Execute a content management strategy for the teams’ new platform, including information architecture, metadata schemas, and information governance
- Craft a user-centered content organization strategy across the different MURL sites and accompany teams in its implementation
- Structure internal communication channels and collaborative workspaces, and create best practices for dissemination
- Conceptualize and implement content governance processes for lifecycle and quality assurance
- Evangelize best practices in knowledge and content management to key MURL stakeholders to ensure their adoption & maintenance.
As part of KM, you will collaborate with an internal “satellite” team of content strategists and a larger community of practice on mandates such as:
- Researching, testing & deploying strategies to facilitate the creation, update and access to transversal infomation
- Identifying, implementing and monitoring practices around documenting, sharing and reusing key knowledge
What you bring
- A bachelors or master’s degree in information science, journalism, communications or a similar domain
- 3 to 5 years experience in an environment focused on digital content management; familiarity with digital products (strategy, conception and development)
- Expertise in key information management concepts (taxonomy development, metadata application, information architecture)
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS) and intranets
- Autonomy and ability to work with multiple stakeholders (strategy, creative, technical) on transversal projects
- Ability to facilitate discussions and workshops with clients
- Ability to raise awareness of knowledge management issues with users and partners
- Ability to collaborate with a team on multiple projects while prioritizing workload
- Ability to manage a strategic vision in tandem with operational tasks
- Bilingual (French, English)
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.