Consumer Research Analyst
Full-time - REF19279A
As one of the largest Game User Research Labs in the industry, Ubisoft Montreal User Research Lab is a partner of all major productions at Montreal studio, helping our stakeholders achieve their creative vision and deliver outstanding gaming experiences to our players.
To increase our diversified and ever-growing force of talented experts, we are looking for a Consumer Research Analyst.
This person is responsible for developing knowledge and providing insights relating to consumer gaming behaviors, habits and expectations. By collaborating and crossing data with those of a multi-expertise team, the insights generated will heavily contribute in orienting game development strategies and put our customers at the center of the decision process.
What you’ll do
As a consumer research analyst, you will:
- Define player segmentations and profiles, based on our customers playing habits and motivations, to complement marketing segmentations and set the ground for User Research participants recruitment;
- Build knowledge on consumer market expectations that can be turned into design directions & guidelines;
- Guide decision making on creative pillars of new successful IPs and the evolution of our established ones;
- Share and make your insights actioned upon at studio and company level;
- Contribute to optimizing our gaming experiences by being the voice of our consumers.
To achieve this, you will:
- Manage end to end quantitative & qualitative research projects;
- Elaborate study plans and identify relevant objectives for each study;
- Take part in defining study measures, selecting the appropriate methodology and creating relevant methodological tools (survey, interview/discussion guide, observation grids, etc.) in order to analyze the design directions of the various productions;
- Identify the most optimal data visualization methods (graphs, tables, etc.);
- Associate study measures to compatible elements coming from telemetry;
- Efficiently analyse and correlate multiple sources of data and provide valuable and actionable insights on player & consumer behavior;
- Create & present main findings of study reports destined for production teams, brand management and high management ;
- Collaborate with other marketing, brand, consumer, customer expertise (Community development, Brand Portfolio Management, etc.);
- Remain up to date with game design, data visualization and Consumer & User Research trends (training, conferences, new/best practices, etc.);
- Remain up to date on gaming market trends and innovations;
- Assume any other related duties.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in user research, business, marketing, social sciences or any other relevant training or experience;
- Master’s degree or PhD in any of the above fields is an asset.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar position or any other relevant experience.
- Strong experience in managing end to end quantitative/qualitative research projects.
- Prior experience in user needs gathering, defining user personas and behavioral user research is a strong asset.
- Able to interact with production stakeholders of various management positions;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Be curious and ask questions;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Be proactive;
- Be organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Be autonomous;
- Be innovative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (Bilingualism French-English is an asset);
- Good knowledge of gaming communities;
- Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods and tools;
- Master Office suite;
- Excellent knowledge of survey creation techniques and survey software (Qualtrics, MS Forms, etc.);
- Good knowledge of the videogame industry;
- Passion for video games and the ability to critically evaluate multiple facets of a videogame.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.