Community Developer, Engagement
Full-time - REF18808Q
What you'll do
Ubisoft’s Community Team is responsible for managing relationships and communications with our player communities around the world. We accomplish this task by creating multi-channel campaigns that produce engaging content that will help to grow and retain our community members.
You’ll partner directly with our in-studio ComDevs, who sit with our development teams so that they can have in-depth product knowledge that they use to create high-level engagement strategies.. You’ll work with these ComDevs to refine their narratives into comprehensive global plans by adding Channel and Content Strategies, engagement tactics, KPIs, benchmarks, understanding our audiences, and resources in support of ComDev plans.
Additionally, you will partner with various internal Ubisoft Business teams to align these plans with the business objectives and continue to grow Ubisoft’s Community team into a world-class organization.
- Advise on global community engagement plans and campaigns from strategy to execution by partnering with key stakeholders and connecting multiple plans into cohesive multi-channel stories.
- Bring Community Engagement plans to the next level by integrating industry-leading campaign ideas and finding new opportunities for Ubisoft to celebrate its games with its fans.
- Gather relevant content performance, audience breakdowns, and other community related data to proactively establish and continuously pursue KPIs and increased performance of activations and content.
- Proactively surface results and KPI check ins to ensure we are tracking towards success and provide opportunities for our teams to optimize our strategies and tactics.
- Partner with our cross functional teams (Brand, Production, PR, Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, etc.) in North America and Europe to drive collaboration and identify new opportunities.
- Collaborate with other Community Development Engagement partners to lead as strategic experts and grow a shared knowledge pool.
- Align the team’s priorities with the Ubisoft business, ensuring the level of support for each title matches up with the expectations set by department leadership.
- Represent Ubisoft’s Community team to the broader Ubisoft business in cross-functional meetings and planning to ensure that our needs are always clear and heard by the business.
- Collaborate with Community Developers on defining a Channel Strategy for each franchise in your portfolio, including which channels to be on, what to post, and the frequency to post on them.
- Increase the Ubisoft Community Team's visibility by ensuring the that the tools we use are up to date - including social listening tools (Synthesio), content management tools (Sprinklr) and shared calendars (Smartsheets).
- Continuously optimize and learn about the features provided in our social listening and content management tool, and surface findings to the wider Community team.
- Monitor content pipelines for the content relevant to your franchises. This includes making sure our briefs are complete, all the way to ensuring the post went live.
- Coach our existing Community team on industry best practices for multi-channel storytelling.
What you bring to the team
- Proven experience as a Community Developer / Community Manager in the video game industry.
- Experience creating and leading Community Engagement Strategies.
- Proven success in developing and executing content strategies and activations.
- Extensive experience in social media content and promotions, including live broadcasts.
- Strong cross-functional skills with experience representing entire teams to company leadership.
- Expertise in KPI tracking and upholding results accountability with partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices with published examples.
- Baseline knowledge of various business groups such as Brand Marketing, Content Marketing, CRM, Corporate Communications, and others.
- Know how to think globally and strategically.
- Know how to define and communicate priorities for your campaigns.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and capacity to adapt with agility.
- Successfully launched AAA titles with a key role within Community a plus.
- Passion for videogames and drive to learn more about them a plus.
- Experience with project management and project management tools a plus.
- Experience with creative content tools (Photoshop, Premiere, etc.) a plus.
What to send our way
Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.