Cinematics Camera Specialist
Full-time - REF19843F
As a Cinematics Camera Specialist at Ubi MTL, you will take ownership of the quality of the cameras for the cut scenes (cinematics) and all other non-playable sequences.
What you'll do
- Work in collaboration with the narrative director to develop the style and role of the cameras in the overall cutscene/non-playable sequence experience;
- Read the cutscene script to understand the emotions to be conveyed to the player;
- Define and set up cameras and all related parameters (focus, distance, frame, etc.) to ensure the best possible visual quality;
- Create camera movements whenever necessary and ensure their quality;
- Correct the camera bugs that testers enter in the database;
- Break down the storyboards with the storyboard artists and narrative director/producing director to analyze optimal camera shots;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring to the team
- Experience in video game level design and production or in-game design (film experience is an asset)
- Good team player
- Critical, analytical sense and strong precision skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.