C++ Programmer (Ubisoft Connect)
Full-time - REF20974A
Ubisoft Connect is our ecosystem of online services that enhance player experiences across all platforms. It does so by supplying an ever-growing set of useful and accessible features that motivate our players to invest themselves in our many universes. Ubisoft Connect fosters strong positive emotions reflected in how our players interact with our games and the communities that arise from them.
As a C++ programmer on the Connect team, you’ll own the implementation of a new highly optimized web-rendering solution running within our proprietary game engines like Anvil and Snowdrop, on all modern platforms.
You’ll empower a new generation of web-based game features that will become fundamental parts of our AAA games.
As a team, we look to change the status quo, solve complex problems, grow (both personally and professionally), and have fun doing it. These values are embedded in Ubisoft Connect’s DNA, and we firmly believe this plays a fundamental role in giving the best possible experience to our players.
What you’ll do
Within an Agile team, you’ll collaborate closely with talented engine and web programmers, game production teams, artists, UI, UX, and game designers, and quality assurance specialists.
You'll perform research and suggest innovative approaches to technological challenges we face and improvements to web renderer performance. Plus, you’ll explore other topics such as automation, CI/CD, engine integration – and all else you see fit.
Collaborating with colleagues across several studios and time zones, you’ll support and coach each other, learn from less-than-ideal outcomes, and celebrate our many successes together.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of programming experience
- A passion for all things C++
- A knack for code optimization and debugging at both the low and OS levels
- A keen eye for detail and developed analytical skills (you could have been a detective in another life)
- Proactivity, curiosity, and resourcefulness that motivate you to talk to others and continue learning
- The ability to build interpersonal relationships
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Strong expertise in rendering APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, OpenGL)
- Experience with memory and performance profiling tools (ideally on consoles, i.e. PiX or Razor)
- At ease with C++ game engines (i.e. UE4 or in-house)
- Familiarity with build pipelines & tools (CMake, Sharpmake, Fastbuild)
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.