Back-End Programmer (Technology Group)
Full-time - REF17518B
At the Technology Group (TG), we provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
As a Back-End Programmer within the TG, you’ll develop a platform that acts as a one-stop source for the array of tools and services available to production teams.
What you’ll do
- Analyze, design, and develop the platform’s back-end services.
(The platform’s main technologies and languages are: Go, Python, Kubernetes, REST, Docker, Elastic Search, Prometheus, and AWS)
- Support users by making sure their functionalities are stable and sustainable.
- Work in a DevOps approach and collaborate closely with the operational team.
- Set up automated tests to ensure the quality of functionalities.
- Share your innovations and learning with your peers + make recommendations to improve our systems.
What you bring
- Experience developing web services (or other relevant experience)
- Proficiency in Linux
- A basic understanding of databases and cloud computing concepts
- A collaborative spirit + good interpersonal and communication skills
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or related training)
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.