Audio Technical director
Full-time - REF25063L
As an audio technical director you will ensure the quality of the technical content produced by their working unit. You will optimize team productivity through pipeline processes by considering online user needs.
You will carry out his tasks by adequately determining project needs, implementing effective tools and methods to maximize data integration in the game engine and provide technical support for their team.
What you’ll do
- Define their team’s technical needs to carry out the creative vision (design and artistic) by validating the game features and challenging the interpretation to assess technical feasibility.
- Acquire the best internal and external tools, in collaboration with the programming team and other project TDs, to enhance and facilitate the work of the working unit by prototyping technological elements, asking that existing tools be adjusted, requesting new tools, or validating the effectiveness of the tools provided before they are deployed on the project.
- Establish the vision for the best work methods and data structure (data and assets) to standardize work methods and ensure the validity and integrity of the data (meet standards and minimize debugging) by drafting pipeline documents, setting out a common classification system, trainings, coaching and supervising processes users.
- Determine enhancements and resolve issues to provide technical support to the working unit by working in close collaboration with programmers and training certain team members to be specialists in resolving specific issues.
- Remain informed of new technical and technological developments to be able to apply these developments on the project whenever relevant and share project developments with peers (TDs on other projects and in other working units).
- Help plan the work in collaboration with the person who oversees planning based on the scope of each task and the impact of the working unit in order to establish a compromise between quality objectives and delivery constraints (time, costs, resources, etc.).
- Follow up on the tasks of assistant TDs (if applicable) to assess the progress of the deliverables and coach TDs to ensure that their careers progress.
- Contribute to external tools selection (engine, plug-in, E-confluence, etc.) to ensure that working units’ needs are considered by assessing existing tools and helping to design and test new tools whenever necessary.
- Driving the optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised in their field of expertise.
- Carry out all other related tasks
What you bring
- College diploma in their working unit for game design or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the video game sector or other relevant experiences.
- Experience in their working unit at all game production phases.
- Experience on 2-3 games productions.
- 2 years’ experience as an assistant TD an asset.
- Skills and Knowledge.
- User focus.Vision.
- Time and priority management skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Stress and change management skills.
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving.
- Proficiency in English (good communication skills, ability to draft technical documents).
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and games shipped
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.