Assistant Technical Director (Level Design)
Full-time - REF4743X
As an Assistant technical director, you will support the Technical director (TD) by ensuring that his instructions are carried out. You may also be assigned on more important technical responsibilities for part of the game and in his field of expertise. You will be responsible for production tasks (this aspect of the work will depend on the size of the team and/or the incumbent’s field of expertise).
You will be involved in determining project needs, implementing efficient work tools and methods and answering the first-line technical questions of members of his working unit.
What you'll do
- Define his team’s technical needs by consulting project documents and communicating with those involved in the development of the creative vision (design and artistic) in collaboration with the TD.
- Help develop/select the best internal and external tools, in collaboration with the TD, to enhance and facilitate the work of the working unit by testing tools before they are deployed on the project and ensuring their proper functioning throughout the process.
- Suggest best practices to the TD to standardize work methods and ensure the validity and integrity of the data by drafting and updating pipeline documents on a regular basis, setting out a common classification system, training processes users and regularly reminding working unit and team members of the technical constraints and their rationale.
- Ensure the technical validation of the data produced by the working unit or team, resolve first-line technical issues to support the team by working in close collaboration with programmers and the TD, inform the TD of any current and/or future technical issues and recommend solutions.
- Participate to the optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised in his field of expertise.
- Inform the TD on the advancement of the work on a regular basis to ensure that the TD is able to assess the progress of the deliverables.
- Carry out working unit-related tasks (part of the time).
What you bring
- College diploma in his/her working unit for game or level design or equivalent
- 4-6 years’ experience in his working unit or other relevant experience
- Experience in his working unit at all game production phases an asset
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Ability to draft technical documents
- User focus
- Time and priority management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Oriana. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.