Assistant Art Director (Outsourcing) – Helix
Full-time - REF18188B
As an Assistant Art Director at Ubi MTL, you will be responsible for supporting the Art Director and Creative Director by ensuring that their guidelines are followed by internal and external partners and by doing an initial quality review of the elements produced within your field.
What you'll do
- Participate in the drafting of the artistic charter of your field of expertise through internet research and analysis, in collaboration with the Creative Director and the Art Director.
- Regularly communicate quality and artistic content expectations and direct the team to documentation and visual references, as needed, to support the creative and art direction.
- Coordinate the validation of the elements produced following the artistic charter or follow and validate the data produced while ensuring compliance with the artistic charter.
- Communicate regularly with the Creative Director and Art Director as well as the project management team on the progress of the elements to be produced by your team so that you can evaluate the progress of the deliverables.
- Carry out the tasks of your field of expertise for a portion of your time.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation and presentations.
What you bring
- Leadership experience in the video game industry (or other relevant experience)
- Knowledge of Photoshop and 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max)
- Understanding of art fundamentals and artistic culture
- A highly creative, collaborative, and empathetic spirit
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, presentation, and mentorship skills
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background, skills, and any games shipped
- A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.