Assistant Animation Technical Director – Helix
Full-time - REF19211K
As an Assistant Animation Technical Director at Ubi MTL, you will join Helix, a new team specialized in the production of real-time cinematics for our games developed in our Canadian studios, games known for their quality such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow Six, For Honor, and many more.
In this role, you will support the design and implementation of the technical animation pipeline, production workflow for cinematics and the technical requirements for delivery and needs of the projects assigned to you. In concert with the other department managers, you will support the direction, design and technological vision of the animation pipelines & tools for real-time cinematics.
What you'll do
- Define your team’s technical needs by consulting project documents and communicating with those involved in the development of the creative vision (design and artistic) in collaboration with the TD;
- Help develop/select the best internal and external tools, in collaboration with the TD, to enhance and facilitate the work of the animation team by testing tools before they are deployed on the project and ensuring their proper functioning throughout the process;
- Suggest best practices to the TD to standardize work methods and ensure the validity and integrity of the data by drafting and updating pipeline documents on a regular basis, setting out a common classification system, training processes users and regularly reminding the animation team members of the technical constraints and their rationale;
- Ensure the technical validation of the data produced by the animation team, resolve first-line technical issues to support the team by working in close collaboration with programmers and the TD, inform the TD of any current and/or future technical issues and recommend solutions;
- Participate in the optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised in your field of expertise;
- Inform the TD on the advancement of the work on a regular basis to ensure that the TD is able to assess the progress of the deliverables;
- Carry out working unit-related tasks (part of the time);
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- Relevant experience in a similar role at all stages of a game or film/series production
- A proactive spirit in the search for solutions
- The ability to write technical documentation
- A user orientation
- Good prioritization and time management skills
- An inquisitive mind and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate orally and write technical documents in English
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.