Accounts Payable Specialist
Full-time - REF18532E
What you'll do
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist for its Accounts Payable department. This position is responsible for processing Marketing, COGS and inter-company invoices, and ensuring transactions / approvals are in accordance with company guidelines and are recorded within the proper accounting period. Our ideal candidate has the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently under tight deadlines and perform at high levels in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment. The position is based in Montreal, Canada and will report directly to the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Review and process complex vendor invoices with accuracy. Ensuring proper coding, documentation, approval and PO compliance. Ensure proper allocations of expenses across departments, products and projects.
- Resolve any invoice processing exceptions by working with appropriate co-workers and business partners.
- Process, monitor and reconcile inter-company transactions and balances.
- Ensure timely payments to vendors by meeting quality and timeliness standards. Monitor due dates to ensure timely payment. Prioritize payment of invoices for cash discounts and payment terms.
- Collaborate with operations team to improve the vendor onboarding process; including review, validation, approval and updating of Vendor terms-related details. Work closely with operations team to ensure smooth process flow for purchase order related items.
- Provide customer service to the Intercompany affiliates and vendors with respect to various accounts payable inquiries.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies related to vendor inquiries and payments. Reconcile vendor statements. Identify, research and resolve vendor account discrepancies.
- Directly support month-end close including tracking of vendor invoices for completeness and review of general ledger for proper coding. Record journal entries, re-class of expenses and accruals as needed.
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice and payment discrepancies through proactive communication with Procurement, internal stakeholders and the vendors.
- Work closely with GL Accounting, Finance and internal stakeholders to ensure proper coding of expenses and resolution of any coding issues that arise.
- Provide support for quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits by pulling requested file samples and documentation and participating in walkthroughs of AP processes.
- Maintain files and documentation accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices. Assist in the documentation of internal AP Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), review annually with peers and edit for accuracy.
- Assist AP Supervisor with process enhancement. Participate in AP projects as required.
- Assist Accounts Receivable in cash application as required.
What you bring to the team
- Proven experience in Accounts Payable, including full cycle AP experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to deal with outside vendors, employees and various levels of management in a professional and effective manner. High level of customer service required.
- Must be thorough, detail-oriented, able to perform accurate data entry, work well under pressure with minimal or no supervision and meet strict deadlines. Ability to analyze accounts payable issues, recognize inconsistencies and recommend resolutions. Includes ability to independently resolve routine issues.
- Experience with large-scale financial systems preferred (PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge in Excel a must (mastering the VLookUp and Pivot Tables functions).
- Bilingual (FR/EN).
- Be a self-starter, have a positive attitude, maintain a solution-oriented work ethic.
- Heavy emphasis on communication and being a team-player.
- Motivated by new challenges, strive to be consistently learning and improving.
- Ability to work dynamically with a variety of internal business partners (financial and non-financial personnel both within Canada and abroad).
What to send our way
Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.